Re: Wireless Lan

I would like to build the device rather than using a Laptop, Phone, Pocket
Pc etc. using modules possibly.
Will try and fit it into as small an enclosure as possible andl write the
software with some help.
"jcomeau_ictx" <john.comeau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Jun 8, 1:33 am, "Syd" <sydce...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I to want to input an RS232 Serial or USB signal into a wireless device
be received by a PC on a 802.11 wireless network.
The wireless device should be portable and be battery operated.
Does anyone have a circuit or is there a commercial module that can do
this?

A linksys WUSB54G might work. You'll need to do some programming, or
have it done for you, though. There are open-source (Linux) drivers
for its Ralink chipset. It gets its power off the USB port, wouldn't
that work as well as batteries? There's also the BGW200 module, but
that's even more work.

  • www Metro Daily Comp cd midnight 24/02/06
    ... Windows PC small enough to fit in your pocket, ... replace your laptop. ...
    (uk.rec.competitions)
  • Re: tired of freezing to death outdoors!!- help!
    ... > The advert literature does not state the broadcast range of the remote ... > to increase the broadcast range of the the remote laptop, ... > laptop with the wireless network card, ... my own software for telescope control. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: ? for notebook users
    ... I didn't mind the laptop being slow, but it also slowed down my two desktop computers. ... I think for my intended use, for Martha to use to study and for me to check mail and eBay when traveling, it will be okay. ... The wireless network is running at 54 something or other. ... One other issue could be the amount of RAM installed. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • RE: Port scan and scvhost overload
    ... addresses that are not routable on the Internet). ... pestering them with a ports can for fun. ... what I was able to find out Before the laptop mysteriously shutdown, ... The siblings all use the same wireless network (Wi-Fi processes found in ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Trying to connect Pocket PC to University wireless network
    ... built in Wi-Fi) to my University's wireless network. ... The University give no instructions, nor do they support Pocket PC, but they ... I used the University's instructions to connect my laptop ... Connect to a VPN (via the broadband connection (above)) ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless)