Re: Homebrew radar?

Don Bowey <dbowey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I recall, you posted this elsewhere and got many responses.
--None really useful

Do it at least a bit better this time, by posting exactly WHAT the display
device should be, how should the echo be presented on the display, an idea
of what resolution is wanted, the physical constraints such as weight size,
over what range of azimuth must it work, any primary power constraints? You
say "RADAR, but do you also wish to consider ultrasonic? Do you have the
ability to read and construct from a schematic without requiring Heathkit
type guidance?
--Yes, dear.. Shooting in the dark at the moment because it's just
an idea at present but I suppose ideal output would be to a laptop computer
display. The problem is to image pedestrians, bicyclists and other vehicles
within a range of, say, 400ft, that may stray across my route, so figure a
cone of view of maybe 45 degrees either side of centerline. Resolution: if I
can see a pedestrian as any sort of blob on the display that's good enough.
Weight isn't an issue as it'll be mounted on a vehicle; i.e. a hundred
pounds of stuff is acceptable. Power would come from a 12-v car battery or I
could use a 2kw genny. Ultrasonic might be doable but again I haven't got a
clue, which is why I'm asking questions! Yes, I could build from schematics;
I'm a machinist by trade so I can also fab most anything in the way of
mechanisms needed for the project. The goal is to come up with something
that could be released into the wild so that anyone in this predicament who
desired such a system could build their own. What have I left out?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : A steaming pile of
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : obscure information...

  • Re: Homebrew radar?
    ... device should be, how should the echo be presented on the display, an idea ... of what resolution is wanted, the physical constraints such as weight size, ... The problem is to image pedestrians, bicyclists and other vehicles ... Resolution: if I ...
    (sci.electronics.misc)
  • Re: Digital Osci and Logic Analyzer
    ... The higher sampling rates of the examples you ... would the o'scope display at 1 usec/div'n? ... time soon) and I have a probe that works properly with the ADC. ... however many samples are collected at whatever resolution ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: monitor for macmini mb139ll/a
    ... $150 worth of cables. ... It would plug in, since that monitor uses DVI, but you would get the ... 2560x1600 native resolution of the display. ... You cannot get that resolution out of your Mac Mini. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc)
  • RE: Problem in setting Display resolution from TD
    ... I do not see the display resolution settings from TD ... driver so it means the driver is working fine in Windows XP Prof.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: still no way to do custom aspect ratios?
    ... The good news is that you have found a way to display 4:3 material in normal mode. ... The video that Media ... the PHYSICAL aspect ratio of the television. ... desktop resolution and thinks the resolution in the matching aspect ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)