Re: MM5453N LCD ??

I think I have it figured out. The Lowe HF-235 radio can tune up to
X29.999MHz, where X is used as a status indicator and driven by an
exclusive-or gate. For display of frequency the leading or most significant
digit of the five can only be a one or a two. For a one bits 31 and 32
drive segments b and c. Segments a,d,e,g are tied together and bits 31 and
33 would make a 2. So if I'm using the correct terminology the 5453 is
driving a 4 1/2 digit display that has 6 digits where X is driven by another
chip and the next digit can only be a one or a two.
So I need to find a 6 digit LCD with 50 pins that match. Any ideas
appreciated.
tnx

73
Hank WD5JFR
"Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> This is for a Lowe receiver made in th eUK. Lowe played some tricks and
> I'm still trying to figure out how they did it but the HF-225/235 can
> display frequencies up to 29.999Mhz and show limited status on the first
> digits using selected segments using a 5453. which can control 33
> segments.
>
> --
>
> 73
> Hank WD5JFR
> "N Cook" <diverse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> I looking for a 12.5 mm, 6 digit ( 7 segment) LCD or LED with 50 pins to
>> be
>>> driven by a MM5453N. I understand that this is late 80s early 90s
>>> technology and woul like to know if anyone knows of a surplus house that
>> has
>>> one or any individual that can sell me one.
>>> 73
>>> Hank WD5JFR
>>>

>> MM5453 is a N.S. 4 1/2 digit LCD driver
>>
>> Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
>> electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list on
>> http://home.graffiti.net/diverse

  • Re: What happened to the Mabry demo software after they closed down?
    ... At the moment I'm simulating LEDs with picture boxes ... You're not going to get any faster than simply blitting the digit to the display from a screen compatible memory DC. ... You don't even need to get involved in the extra complexity of blitting just the seven little segments, because on most machines blitting seven small separate blocks to the display will actually be slower than simply blitting the entire seven segment digit as one block, even though the combined total area of the seven segments is much less than the area of the entire digit, because for small blits a significant part of the total blit time is taken up by the system analysing the two DCs before it actually performs the blit. ...
  • Re: Detecting 7-Segment LEDs With Phototransistors
    ... camera or something watching segments. ... Nor where in that data update cycle the data ... to the presentation of the leftmost digit. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Simulating a seven-segment display
    ... I wrote a small program that simulates the effect of a seven-segment ... 'segments' stores the seven-segment representaion of each number. ... Each digit is 3 characters high and 3 ... void process_digit(int digit, int position); ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: MM5453N LCD or LED ?
    ... drive segments b and c. Segments a,d,e,g are tied together and bits 31 and ... So I need to find a 6 digit LCD with 50 pins that match. ... >>This is the display for a Lowe HF-235 receiver made in the UK. ...
    (sci.electronics.components)
  • Re: Need Help Repairing Bally 6803 Type Display (Dual 7 Digit)
    ... digit display in Strange Science. ... All 9 segments of the farthest left ... The segments glow dimly, so you can still make out the letter or ... So for normal numbers (where every segment is inevitably lit somewhere ...
    (rec.games.pinball)