CTC187 remote control doesn't function/ breaks up picture

I have a 32 inch RCA with a CT187CH3 chassis. I got it 2nd hand so I
don't know any of it's service history. Had no picture or sound got,
Resoldered multiple spots on board and then got an hourglass shaped
raster. Resoldered a diode CR4403 I think and got picture back.
Picture looks great tunes and adjusts fine with manual
buttons on front of set.

But when I use a working RCA remote on the set..doesn't matter if I hit

volume up/down or channel up/down I get the same result. Picture
breaks up and sound cuts out..sometimes picture/screen blacks out..as
soon as I let off the button picture returns on the same station and
volume setting as before. I get the same result regardless what key on
the remote I hit.

I think I may have caused a solder bridge somewhere...Anybody have an
idea where? or any other ideas. Like what pins on an IC might control
the remote? and be a problem? I did some soldering around the outside
of the tuner grounds? could I have screwed something up there?

I tried to clear up some potential solder bridges with some solder
wick...and the remote did work for about 5 minutes then went right back

to same behavior.

I am a novice so give me advice in detail.

Thanks

Spit

  • Re: Cowboys herding cats
    ... source@xxxxxxxxxx "David Harmon" wrote: ... the TV remote or the converter box remote has any such button. ... picture. ... Since most british TV is analog broadcast in ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: OT: Why should I buy an HDTV? IMO the "Bad" outweighs the "Good"
    ... reminds me of the TV my parents had when I was growing up. ... I already had a universal remote to control all my ... to some extent the picture that you see on the screen is only as ... I wasn't able to adjust the picture ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: hd sides are compressed
    ... cbs, its just the normal view, I remote to the next chnl and CBS ... The picture is great...but the heads of the actor seem ... If it's OTA, then your remote for the TV has a FORMAT setting somewhere. ... The odd thing is, if it is really an HD channel and you have a wide-screen TV, it will normally detect that and always show the correct format - the options are usually for fitting a normal channel's image in the wide-screen TV. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Sony KD-28DX51 IDTV
    ... > a remote for about 20 quid. ... Only thing that I can fault is that the picture geometry isn't quite perfect ... with black bars to the side. ... Especially not Zoidberg!" ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Multiple issues with Media Center -- help!
    ... The cable that Toshiba uses is actually a Sony designed cable now used in tons of products. ... It is impossible to get a truly good picture using any analogy tv interface. ... You need to use a digital interface, and I'm not sure that the laptop has such an output. ... Even though I've done everything that is required, the media center remote wont change channels. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)