Re: repairing an APC UPS

"Luke Siemaszko" <no.spam.for.me@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:TbidndbWLP68DebfRVnygw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Mark wrote:
>
>> its usually a bad battery
>>
>> Mark
>>

> indeed, but there are no LEDS on the front panel, nothing at all - would a
> bad battery cause everything to die ?

Most certainly. if the Battery is totally dead, the UPS will not do a
sausage. Test with car batteries matching the voltage reqd. If it springs
into life, buy new batteries. I have about a dozen UPS devices around the
house all bought as Dead. New batteries fixed EVERY One.

Range from APC BackUPS300 to SmartUPS1400VA, must be a few quids worth if
bought new. Gel batteries are pretty cheap nowadays too

  • Re: How high can you fly?
    ... weigh or what their energy density and durations are. ... burning jet fuel for the forseeable future. ... The only aviation market I can see for electric airplanes, if batteries ... Mark Of The Financial World ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: X-37B landed Friday
    ... Mark IV ... orbiters, the X-37B is powered by gallium arsenide solar cells with ... using solar cells and lithium-ion batteries?! ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: X-37B landed Friday
    ... Mark IV ... using solar cells and lithium-ion batteries?! ... of a spacecraft with electricity. ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: NiMH or Lithium?
    ... and adds time when replacing the batteries thereby ... I mark my NiMH batteries with a felt pen. ... GE-Sanyo, Sanyo, Energizer, Duracell, and Maha. ... I suspect there are more brands purchasing from ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Question for Those Using 2 Battery Banks? (Bob might want to ignore this)
    ... batteries for charging. ... Diodes alone or does it get more ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)