Re: More Rice Cooker Failures

Check the power label on the cooker to make sure that it is rated for your
mains line voltage and mains frequency.

Contact the dealer who sold you the rice cookers and tell them about the
problem you are having.

--

Personally, I would prefer to use a good old fashioned pot on the stove to
cook my rice. It is usually much less of a problem this way...

--

JANA
_____

"Sylvia Else" <sylvia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I've worked my way through four rice cookers, two different brands, in
as many months. The failure mode is consistent - the cooker cooks the
rice, and then fails when it goes into the mode where it keeps the rice
warm.

In each case, it seems that the temperature sensitive fuse has blown.

I'm in Australia, where the nominal mains voltage is 240V, but I
actually get more like 250V. I'm trying to figure out whether this can
really explain these multiple failures. The warming mode involves having
an extra component in series with the heating element. I speculate that
it is a capacitor, though if it is, its value is less than my multimeter
will measure.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether these things really run so close the
edge in warming mode that a 4% overvoltage can kill them?

Sylvia.

  • Re: Rice cooker/veg steamer
    ... I to have a black and decker rice cooker (the Rice Cooker Plus ... or directly from the cold tap would work well. ... My kenmore electric veggie steamer doesn't care about water temp either ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: How do you like your rice?
    ... never been able to make decent rice in it. ... Believe me, it's not the cooker... ... blurts water everywhere whatever the quantities. ... Adjusting the cooking time may ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Rice cookers: simple or fancy
    ... Ten minutes later it would shut off and the rice was done. ... If I buy a rice cooker cookbook, ... but have been meaning to get a slow cooker. ... I may use it for a family dinner for 7-8 people. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Rice cookers: simple or fancy
    ... Ten minutes later it would shut off and the rice was done. ... If I buy a rice cooker cookbook, ... but have been meaning to get a slow cooker. ... I may use it for a family dinner for 7-8 people. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Microwave rice
    ... Wayne Boatwright wrote: ... If you cook large quantities of rice, ... I usually cook no more than 1 cup of raw rice, ... partially why I switched back to the pressure cooker. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)