Re: Sony PVW-2600 format question.

"David Farber" <farberbear.unspam@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I received this Sony PVW-2600 in for repair with the complaints of no video,
>audio plays too fast. The machine looks like it has hardly been used. The
>only beta tapes I have were recorded back in the 80's and were recorded in
>either beta II or beta III format. I tried those tapes and it does play too
>fast with no video display. Cleaning the stationary control(?) head didn't
>help. Does this machine have the capability to play back those beta II,
>III, tapes or should I ask the owner for some sample tapes?

PVW machines are not beta-MAX they are beta-CAM which is a broadcast
standard component recording format. If there was a fault causing
those symptoms you would be getting error messages (it is a
sophisticated machine), sounds like your customer is trying to play
beta max tapes - it's not going to happen.

Vic Thomas

  • Re: Sony PVW-2600 format question.
    ... >>either beta II or beta III format. ... I tried those tapes and it does play ... Does this machine have the capability to play back those beta II, ... > standard component recording format. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: UVW 1200 Video Issue
    ... I got to thinking about the head cleaning response. ... Why would it play at increased ... I use the Sony UVW 1200 to copy over the betacam tapes to the computer. ... There is no video image. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Movie Maker
    ... Why won't this play my old tapes though? ... I seem to be able to get the video but am not getting the ... audio from the tape. ... This is an old Canon 8 mm but these tapes will not play on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Sony PVW-2600 format question.
    ... I received this Sony PVW-2600 in for repair with the complaints of no video, ... either beta II or beta III format. ... I tried those tapes and it does play too ... Does this machine have the capability to play back those beta II, ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Playback help: Mini-DV Camcorder will not recognize previously recorded video on tapes until
    ... when I go to play them back on the GS35, the video will not play. ... unit will not even recognize that there are time codes on the tapes. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)