Re: Tektronix 465B Focus Problem

mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The traces on my 465B scope are bright but a bit out of focus...I have
heard of resistor problems in the focus control voltage divider in
other models that have caused this same problem. I checked the CRT
schematic and noticed the resistors in question are in a resistor
network of 4 resistors.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful.
Thanks
Mike Miller
Kansas City

What's the focus control do when you adjust it?

  • Re: Projection tv picture went out
    ... need to discharge it again. ... How to discharge your CRT without damaging it or getting shocked: ... resistor to discharge the CRT. ... contacts under the cup and then remove it, but be very careful not to ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Projection tv picture went out
    ... If you're going near the tube, you need to discharge it, and you need to be aware that if you leave it for a while, then you need to discharge it again. ... Using a long wire clip lead, connect one end of a long lead 10k resistor to the CRT ground. ... You will see a spark and hear a 'pop' when it discharges (alternately, you could just slide the resistor under the cup until it touches the contacts, but be careful not to scratch the conductive coating on the CRT). ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Kaypro II Video Problem
    ... Usually, I just take a long thin blad screwdriver, attach a clip lead from it's shaft to ground (be sure that the coating on the outside of the CRT glass is also grounded), and stick it under the 2nd annode cap on the CRT, touching the contact in the center. ... I don't use a resistor, and I've never blown anything, but if you want to use a resistor, fine. ... I knew there was a major difference between newer and older power supplies....the older ones, like the ones I make, are just linear regulated with some smoothing caps.....I just perfomed the no-vid test, drives are ok, boots fine......now I just gotta fix the video board. ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: "Super Dog", Curtis Mathes/Samsung TV model CM27001S, additions
    ... including a picture tube substitute. ... There is around 27KV for the CRT. ... I opened the ABL line and put a 10K resistor from the FBT ABL pin to ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • More on "Super Dog" Curtis Mathes/Samsung TV model CM27001S
    ... There is around 27KV for the CRT. ... when I turn up the "screen" slowly, just as the picture begins to show, TV ... I opened the ABL line and put a 10K resistor from the FBT ABL pin to ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)