Re: Stronger solder?

No there isn't a better way than solder.

Even if you used a F81 or F61 connector and bolted it down to the
tuner, the frame of the tuner would pull away, from the forces
involved. Been there done that.

Use a push on adapter, these suckers will pull right out and won't mess
up the tuner connector.

I've soldered RCA jacks to the tuner and used a RCA to F adapter, it
pulls out too.

F connector right angle adapters will take the force of the heavy
cables off the connector.

To solder to a tuner case you need a good non corrosive flux, works
real well with low wattage irons. Sal-Met is the brand I have used. The
resin(flux) in wire solder isn't good for soldering to cases like
tuners.

asdf asdf wrote:
Hi, i'm trying to repair my TV. The coax cable adaptor broke off, and i'm
trying to reattach it. I've tried soldering it, like i've soldered many
other things, but this does not seem strong enough to hold it in place. Is
there a better solder, or a better method of reattaching it? It needs to be
pretty strong because the tv coax cables are pretty thick and not very
flexible. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

  • Re: RCA problem fixed sort of
    ... If however the tuner ... is vertically mounted, with solder connections going thru the board, then it ... I posted last week about CTC chasis channels going in and out. ... the element of the new coax until it melted the old solder. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Laptop power problem
    ... I'm hoping that the trial of another adapter will confirm the problem ... connector, input connector assembly or the assembly mounting. ... soldered bond of some kind rarther than just a plugged-in receptacle.. ... Earlier laptops had the connector held in place by the solder bonds ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Bad tuner follow up
    ... Subject: Re: Bad tuner? ... of the legs, so the only way I know to change it is to have small ... each out until they are all removed, the carefully solder wick the ... Better than replacing tuner for $92.00. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Need help with older RCA Tv with solder ground problem
    ... I know you have to de solder the tuner cover. ... kip wrote: ... jumper wire from the shield to a ground. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Zenith TV Part Source
    ... >the tuner will be physically on the tuner. ... I usually just used the RCA coax connector in cases where the original ... Good solder all around and it's back to normal. ... so any help locating either a used one or junk one ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)