Re: SOLA Constant Voltage Transformer

"dre" <dre7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1168487645.556391.135450@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

New poster here, just wondering if anyuone can help me with this beast.
I'm sort of hoping to use it as an isolation transformer for my
scanner. Overkill, I know, but it cost me all of 15 bucks. The
problem is the voltage it produces on the secondary is 132 volts with
line voltage in. The plate states secondary voltage is 118, so what's
causing the overage? Do I not have it loaded enough (rating, IIRC is
2.5 A) or could it be the capacitor failing? Any advice is
appreciated.

How are you measuring the voltage?

  • Re: PIC onboard ADC Questions
    ... you'd be drawing 288uA from the battery. ... > available and rated for the maximum voltage. ... within my requirements for current, cost, and simplicity. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Using a uC for DC-DC conversion?
    ... >>as a spare at reasonable cost. ... > with less voltage drop than the mosfet body diodes for long enough to blow the ... > It would be somehwhat more difficult to protect the transmitter output against ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Singtels MIO sucks!
    ... it is a 2 years contract so cancellation will cost penalty. ... Cost-wise it is cheaper for me (not taking into account the 24hours power ... that supply three different voltage at three different states. ... So much for the technical support. ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: LED wiring Series or Parallel 110 or 12v (for Power Efficiency)
    ... cost, choose the LM317 approach. ... sacrifice efficiency and brightness and use higher value ... like a saturated NPN series pass transistor and the voltage across the ... volts, when the LM317 will start limiting the current into the load to ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Building my own preamp
    ... new pot for the bias, but it'll provide A voltage, B voltage (up to ... big though, and weighs about 50 pounds, and needs a 6336 tube which ... a total of 3 power tubes). ... HV power supply for less than 50 bucks? ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)