Re: long wire antenna

On Mar 6, 8:17 am, klem kedidelhopper <captainvideo462...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
A customer lives in an apartment house on the 17th floor. He wants to
use an old Hallicrafters AM and SW radio. He cannot put up a long wire
antenna in the conventional way, however he wants to "weave" a sort of
antenna outside on his terrace, sort of like a web, with insulators to
hold the wire in every bend off ground. In this way he hopes to
achieve the length of a long wire antenna in a confined space. Will
this scheme work? The other option would be to hang a 2 X 4 off the
edge of the terrace and drop a wire down with an insulator on it and
hope that he can secure it to a neighbors terrace several floors
below. Anyone have any thought on this problem. Thanks, Lenny

What is the railing on the deck, wood or metal? He needs to keep the
wire aeay from any metal.

  • Confused & Annoyed - My new Antenna does not work - What To Do Next ?
    ... The Bare Wire Antenna Element. ... - Are you using Insulators and Nylon-Poly Rope to Rig the Wire? ... - It is good practice to have the Bare Wire Antenna Element ... - What Type of Balun Ready-Made or Home-Made? ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Ham radio backstay antenna feed line
    ... I should use insulated antenna wire and NOT use coax for the antenna ... backstay end is simply a Faraday Shield the also makes an output ... high voltage cable on standoff insulators or just hanging out AWAY FROM ... Lionheart's is less than 2' and I use a stainless wire to it. ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Re: antenna alternatives for isolated stays?
    ... the slightly out of phase, grounded stay, coupled current radiation, but you ... especially near the antenna. ... Make believe this is a sine wave which is impossible on my keyboard. ... Now, if we fit this wave on a wire, such as a backstay wire, you can see ...
    (rec.boats.electronics)
  • Building a Multi-Element 1/4 Wave Length Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna
    ... The Shortwave Listeners (SWL) AM/FM Antennas Groups ... Cable for a Shortwave Antenna -and- Want the greater ... Insulated Hoop-Up Wire or Antenna Wire from RadioShack; ... This Pipe should be about XX Inches Long. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: antenna alternatives for isolated stays?
    ... Why would this antenna's radiation not be coupled to ground, ... especially near the antenna. ... Make believe this is a sine wave which is impossible on my keyboard. ... Now, if we fit this wave on a wire, such as a backstay wire, you can see ...
    (rec.boats.electronics)