Re: the lie of rapid NiMH self-discharge

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:45:07 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

This might be of interest:
<http://www.stefanv.com/electronics/sanyo_eneloop.html>
It's an independent test of the Sanyo Eneloop NiMH batteries including
some self-discharge tests. Unfortunately, he doesn't compare the
results with the non-LSD batteries.

Ok, I lied[1]. There is a comparison. See:
<http://www.stefanv.com/electronics/sanyo_eneloop.html#compare>
The graph shows the Eneloop battery to be MUCH better at
self-discharge than the conventional NiMH. After 1 year, the Eneloop
retained about 50% of charge, while the conventional NiMH retained
only 2.6%.

[1] I'm suppose to be doing my end of year billing and bookkeeping. I
hate doing billing and am therefore easily diverted. If I go broke,
it's all your fault for creating an interesting diversion.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com jeffl@xxxxxxxxxx
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

  • Re: Hybrid Batteries
    ... Twicell 1,600 mAh AA cells. ... I just wanted to reinforce that the eneloop batteries ... NiMH charger. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: the lie of rapid NiMH self-discharge
    ... It's an independent test of the Sanyo Eneloop NiMH batteries including ... self-discharge than the conventional NiMH. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Best Strategy for Occasional Battery Use?
    ... we know, for a fact, that the other batteries that are similar to ... Eneloop are exactly comparable? ... alkalines chemically identical to Energizers, ... ask the same questions about NiMH and Li-Ion batteries from ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Smart Fast Charger?
    ... Would any care to compare? ... I've batteries ... and a charger to buy; 4-AA NiMh. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Canon Camera Battery
    ... an Eneloop battery costs $4 and gives you ... you'll put hundreds of the dead batteries into the land fills. ... I don't take this many shots per year with it (mainly because I use ... 24 recharges over the life of the Eneloops. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)