Re: Schematic/PCB Routing packages

From: Rich Webb (bbew.ar_at_mapson.nozirev.ten)
Date: 09/18/04

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:08:34 GMT

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:08:13 +0200, "kl1k" <kl1k@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I bet this has been asked a thousand times - apologies.
>
>I'm busy evaluating schematic/pcb design packages for my company. What do
>you guys think is the best package available for a small company starting
>out.
>
>I've had a look at p-cad and was not overly impressed. Also checked out
>eagle which wasn't too bad. Any other packages worth checking out?

OrCAD if you can affort it, Eagle if you can't.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Low cost PCB layout software
    ... >could not get either release to install. ... I then tried to download 4.11 and ... Other packages installed ok, ... >Eagle Cadsoft Can't download or install ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Low cost PCB layout software
    ... many of these packages are limited enough that I was not going to spend ... package I actually tried is Eagle from Cadsoft. ... plane as possible to help spread the heat to use what little board area ... Cadsoft people posting. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Low cost PCB layout software
    ... > many of these packages are limited enough that I was not going to spend ... > package I actually tried is Eagle from Cadsoft. ... > plane as possible to help spread the heat to use what little board area ... Leon Heller, G1HSM ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Low cost PCB layout software
    ... >many of these packages are limited enough that I was not going to spend ... >time to evaluate them without being able to do useful work. ... >package I actually tried is Eagle from Cadsoft. ... >plane as possible to help spread the heat to use what little board area ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Schematic/PCB Routing packages
    ... > I'm busy evaluating schematic/pcb design packages for my company. ... recommend the investment of Orcad or Protel. ...
    (sci.electronics)