Interesting Website -- NASA J-Track 3d

Here is a site that tends to put things into their proper context.

http://science.nasa.gov/realtime/JTrack/3D/JTrack3D.html

I personally never realized that there were so many 'birds' in orbit.
Can anyone image the energy that was required to put them all there?

Note that when you point to a particular satellite and click on the
mouse, it identified the bird and depicts its orbit.I think that's
pretty good.

Harry C.

  • Re: Interesting Website -- NASA J-Track 3d
    ... I personally never realized that there were so many 'birds' in orbit. ... Harry C. ... Click on some of these for fun, ...
    (sci.energy.hydrogen)
  • GPS+Galileo+Falcon 9 3 for 3, yeay !
    ... WAAS status page already showing PRN24 orbit. ... number of IIR or better per orbit: ... Since orbit A is ready for m-code IOC, and if SVN49 is activated orbit B would be ready, it would make sense to reinforce orbit C, next reinforce orbits D and F, finally orbit E.. ... Total IIR or better: 26 birds ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: "Flood" by Stephen Baxter
    ... : fairwater@xxxxxxxxx (Derek Lyons) ... unless the birds are in fairly close orbits, the relative velocites ... given a spysat orbit, and a target orbit, there exist many ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: OT: Harry cries "liable".
    ... Harry likes to libel others, I just checked to see how he likes it. ... The federal government kills blackbirds by the millions each winter even though they remain on the list of protected birds. ... They kill millions of song birds annually and song birds are protected by federal law. ... Cats have zero protection off their owner's property. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Timmy to the rescue.
    ... hair with femininity. ... Just goes to show you how superficial those idiots are. ... those birds are what you'd call a deep thinker. ... Don, are you talking about Don and Harry, the subject of the previous ...
    (rec.boats)