Interesting Website -- NASA J-Track 3d

Here is a site that tends to put things into their proper context.

http://science.nasa.gov/realtime/JTrack/3D/JTrack3D.html

I personally never realized that there were so many 'birds' in orbit.
Can anyone image the energy that was required to put them all there?

Note that when you point to a particular satellite and click on the
mouse, it identified the bird and depicts its orbit.I think that's
pretty good.

Harry C.

  • Re: Interesting Website -- NASA J-Track 3d
    ... I personally never realized that there were so many 'birds' in orbit. ... Harry C. ... Click on some of these for fun, ...
    (sci.energy.hydrogen)
  • Re: Galileo Sat 5 and 6 launched
    ... But the two birds ended up at: ... Back of the envelope calculations by space launch enthusiasts state ... orbit (even if they were willing to sacrifice 100% of station keeping ... Those always have to be calculated due to the position and velocity relationship between transmitter and receiver, so it's just a question of verifying the receiver code's ability to handle the range of data. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: Galileo Sat 5 and 6 launched
    ... Back of the envelope calculations by space launch enthusiasts state that there isn't enough fuel in the birds to put them in a proper orbit. ... well enough not to rely rely on perfectly circular orbits. ... satellites a lower priority, i.e. use them if you don't see ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • GPS+Galileo+Falcon 9 3 for 3, yeay !
    ... WAAS status page already showing PRN24 orbit. ... number of IIR or better per orbit: ... Since orbit A is ready for m-code IOC, and if SVN49 is activated orbit B would be ready, it would make sense to reinforce orbit C, next reinforce orbits D and F, finally orbit E.. ... Total IIR or better: 26 birds ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: "Flood" by Stephen Baxter
    ... : fairwater@xxxxxxxxx (Derek Lyons) ... unless the birds are in fairly close orbits, the relative velocites ... given a spysat orbit, and a target orbit, there exist many ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)