Re: Quarry dewatering - references

From: maison.mousse (maison.mousse_at_wanadoo.fr)
Date: 10/11/04

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:37:50 +0200

patrick laffly a écrit dans le message
<620ff467.0410110341.7f60a37@posting.google.com>...
>Dear all
>I am preparing environmental impact assessment for a limestone quarry.
>I need to investigate the impact of dewatering upon the surrounding
>environment (lakes, wetland). Do any of you know of good references
>(Books, papers, even websites) that I could look at for this subject?
>Many thanks
>Patrick

When I see questions like yours the first thing that comes to mind is why
are you doing the project. You need someone trained in hydrogeology. That
aside you may want to get some back ground by ordering "Applied
Hydrogeology" by
Dr. Fetter. You can get a idea of what is going on by going
to http://www.appliedhydrogeology.com/
http://www.mines.edu/~epoeter/467/08Storage/Exercise_8a.html

http://www.mines.edu/~epoeter/467/08Storage/Exercise_8c.html

This is related www.mines.edu/fs_home/epoeter/583/ 04/discussion/walton.htm

Appalachian Regional Commission, 1969. Acid Mine Drainage in Appalachia. 126
p.
Bennett, J.W., J.R. Harries and A.I.M. Ritchie, 1988. Rehabilitation of
waste rock dumps at the Rum Jungle Mine Site. In: Proceedings, Mine Drainage
and Surface Mine Reclamation Conf. Proc., Vol. 1, Pittsburgh, PA: US Bureau
of Mines Information Circular 9183, pp. 104 - 108.
Brady, K. B. C., J. R. Shaulis and V. W. Skema, 1988. A study of mine
drainage quality and prediction using overburden analysis and
paleoenvironmental reconstructions, Fayette County, Pennsylvania. Mine
Drainage and Surface Mine Reclamation, Vol. 1 Mine Water and Mine Waste, U.
S. Department of the Interior, pp. 33 - 43.

http://www.mines.edu/~epoeter/467/01Intro/Day01c_budgets.pdf

http://www.mines.edu/~epoeter/467/02PrcipEvapRch/Topic02a_budgets.pdf

JOL