Re: Eruption in GrÝmsv÷tn, Iceland

From: John Curtis (john_at_curtis.ms)
Date: 11/07/04

Date: 7 Nov 2004 06:48:41 -0800

Gautam Majumdar <gmajumdar@XSPAMfreeuk.com> wrote in message news:<Y%Fid.22900$Fu2.5826@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 06:13:37 +0000, george wrote:
>
> > Here are some amazing images of the current eruption of GrÝmsv÷tn, in
> > Iceland.
> >
> > http://www.norvol.hi.is/html/grimsvotn2004/grimsvotneruption_4nov.html
>
> More pictures & info here
>
> http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~mtg/04gv/gv2004.htm
>
> http://hraun.vedur.is/ja/englishweb/eruption_grimsvotn.html

      Volcanic activity of the midatlantic ridge persists as the ridge
      dives under the arctic ice.
http://www.mpg.de/english/illustrationsDocumentation/documentation/pressReleases/2003/pressRelease20030718/index.html
      The products of the volcanos, however, change from ash, steam
      and CO2 to massive sulfides and hydrothermal springs as the
      ridge descends below ~1 km.
      This hydrothermal activity has been blamed, by some people,
      for the melting of arctic ice.
http://www.iceagenow.com/Ocean_Warming.htm John Curtis

Relevant Pages

  • Re: back from Iceland...
    ... My sister just got back from Iceland, and the pictures made it look ... The main wrestling stuff was listed earlier, ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: [Photos] - Pictures from Iceland
    ... I had not really thought of Iceland as a tourist destination, but your pictures have given me a different impression. ... -- usenet posts from gmail.com and googlemail.com are filtered out. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Iceland
    ... Iceland is a beautiful country and there are many nice scenes. ... general comment to your pictures, I think it would help a lot if you worked ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Konzertfotographie und Schaerfe
    ... wozu die Brennweite wenn du direkt vor der Bühne stehst? ... Kilian Barth ... Pictures of Iceland at http://kbarth.fto.de/island/ ...
    (de.rec.fotografie)
  • Re: Suche: Salat begleitend =?ISO-8859-15?Q?f=FCr_kalte_Plat?= =?ISO-8859-15?Q?ten?=
    ... Ein Schichtsalat könnte da sehr gut passen, habe leider kein Rezept auf Lager. ... Kilian Barth ... Pictures of Iceland at http://kbarth.fto.de/island/ ...
    (de.rec.mampf)