Re: Garmin Etrex- cleaning waypoints.

From: Stan Gosnell (fakename_at_fakeaddress.com)
Date: 09/24/04

Date: 24 Sep 2004 01:06:34 GMT

Darren G <ng@gillman.org.uk> wrote in news:MPG.1bbd77c4d33e1392989703
@news.individual.de:

> Thanks. Like it. Simple & effective.

I use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) for this, because I'm already using
it to manage geocaching waypoints. You can do almost anything with it,
including exporting the waypoints to most mapping programs, your GPS, or to
most file formats. Lots of filters and ways of ordering the waypoints. I
keep a separate GSAK database of the waypoints I need to keep, just in case,
so if I lose my GPS I can buy another and have it loaded quickly. Plus,
sometimes it's easier to delete *everything* from the GPS, and reload
selected waypoints, and GSAK makes this easy. G7toWin probably works, but I
prefer GSAK.

--
Regards,
Stan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Garmin Etrex- cleaning waypoints.
    ... > I use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) for this, ... > it to manage geocaching waypoints. ... > so if I lose my GPS I can buy another and have it loaded quickly. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: Garmin Etrex- cleaning waypoints.
    ... >I use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) for this, ... >it to manage geocaching waypoints. ... >including exporting the waypoints to most mapping programs, your GPS, or to ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: mapsource auto selecting waypoints adjacent to route
    ... All total this was about 1700 waypoints. ... route so that I can plan fuel stops, rest stops, etc. ... "GSAK" will select waypoints along a route. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: TR - Expedition (longish)
    ... really should have put in a few more waypoints). ... I'm not sure if the wind was affecting my GPS altimeter but the ... Well after a couple of tiny ascents on the ridge anyway. ... I think we had plenty of maps between us, but most didn't bother to get them ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: Garmin topo UK v2
    ... Best software for dedicated GPS data management IMO. ... I use Anquet for general map browsing, study, route planning & measuring ... create the waypoints & routes in Ozi, then save new waypoints and tracks in ... Anquet is also useful for printing out a map of an area for when I'm ...
    (uk.rec.walking)