Re: Garmin Etrex- cleaning waypoints.

From: Stan Gosnell (fakename_at_fakeaddress.com)
Date: 09/24/04

Date: 24 Sep 2004 01:06:34 GMT

Darren G <ng@gillman.org.uk> wrote in news:MPG.1bbd77c4d33e1392989703
@news.individual.de:

> Thanks. Like it. Simple & effective.

I use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) for this, because I'm already using
it to manage geocaching waypoints. You can do almost anything with it,
including exporting the waypoints to most mapping programs, your GPS, or to
most file formats. Lots of filters and ways of ordering the waypoints. I
keep a separate GSAK database of the waypoints I need to keep, just in case,
so if I lose my GPS I can buy another and have it loaded quickly. Plus,
sometimes it's easier to delete *everything* from the GPS, and reload
selected waypoints, and GSAK makes this easy. G7toWin probably works, but I
prefer GSAK.

--
Regards,
Stan