Re: TomTom: Can I leave the Bluetooth GPS Powered up and switched on?

jon.p.weaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have just bought TomTom for my Palm T3 with the BlueTooth GPS
> module.
>
> Since its primarily for use in my car, is it OK to leave the GPS
> reciever powered up permenantly?
>
> My cradle is on permenant live and the power to the GPS is coming from
> that..
>
> I am surprised (if not shocked) as to the lack of documentation with
> the Bluetooth GPS receiver but think I have worked out how it works..
> But I am still not sure if it is OK to leave it powered on and out of
> standby 24 hours per day.
>
> Any info would be appreciated

The TomTom BT GPS has a very low power drain so leaving it wired to a
permanent 12v feed (via the cigarette lighter lead as this has the 12v -5v
cicuitry!) shouldn't be a problem. I would advise you disconnect if leaving
the vehicle unattended for extended periods though to avoid vehicle battery
drain though.

--
Darren Griffin
Editor

  • >>>TOMTOM GPS<<<
    ... tomtom one gps ... tomtom one xl gps navigation system ... tomtom sirf iii bluetooth gps n70 ...
    (sci.data.formats)
  • Re: PDA-GPS system: Thoughts?
    ... I use Socket Bluetooth GPS Nav Kit that ships with ''MyNavigator'' software. ... You can purchase the Bluetooth GPS Device with or without any software since ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Holux Gps Sirf Iii
    ... Navibe GM720 Water-Proof High Performance USB Mouse GPS Receiver - SiRF Star III ... GiSTEQ CD110BT Bluetooth GPS Digital PhotoTracker, for Digital Cameras with NEMERIX Low Power Chipset "MAC COMPATIBLE" ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: gps receiver and software for netbook chartplotter
    ... - Bluetooth GPS receiver. ... installed a "Bluetooth serial port" and IIRC allowed one to change the ... the battery in the Bluetooth GPS would run down in a few hours so I ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Re: GPS with PocketPC
    ... Bluetooth GPS has fallen in price and is the most flexible receiver with GPS ... Northern California Mobile Computing ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)