Timeweighed interpolation

Hi,

I am currently looking for a decent algorithm that gives the most
probable location based on time (for this location) and two gps
waypoints (wgs-84 with time stamps). Obviously the readings for the two
waypoints are taken before and after the time I am looking for an
approximate location.

Mathematically I know the direction to go, but if there is a code
snippet / algorithm out there this would be extremely helpful.

thnx

Michael

  • Re: TR - Expedition (longish)
    ... really should have put in a few more waypoints). ... I'm not sure if the wind was affecting my GPS altimeter but the ... Well after a couple of tiny ascents on the ridge anyway. ... I think we had plenty of maps between us, but most didn't bother to get them ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: Garmin topo UK v2
    ... Best software for dedicated GPS data management IMO. ... I use Anquet for general map browsing, study, route planning & measuring ... create the waypoints & routes in Ozi, then save new waypoints and tracks in ... Anquet is also useful for printing out a map of an area for when I'm ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: Anqut v06 - Path & Routes
    ... but I've never liked the way Anquet handled GPS stuff. ... As far as GPS routes are concerned, I've never liked to have loads of waypoints in a route, just a few key waypoints usually work fine, you don't need to trace every twist and turn in order to produce a route that is easy to follow. ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: GPS
    ... I never had any dealings with a GPS and i was impressed. ... Trips to plan my route, and will have the GPS "recalculating" several times on ... hikes in remote areas. ... where you are coming up with the limit of 25 waypoints. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: GPS
    ... I never had any dealings with a GPS and i was impressed. ... Trips to plan my route, and will have the GPS "recalculating" several times on ... We use a DeLorme GPS along with their Topo Map software and can set our route ... where you are coming up with the limit of 25 waypoints. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)