Re: Garmin C330 or Garmin 2610?

"ritter197" <ritter197@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:yySbf.5249$Bx.1840@xxxxxxxxxxx
>I used a nav. unit on a German Mercedes Rental car a few weeks ago. It was
>an after unit but integrated nicely into the Mercedes. I was also black and
>white. It did not do text to voice like announcing street Names, but it was
>perfect for 1600 + kilometres driving in strange territory.
>
> I like to get something here that has good maps (what good is a unit if
> the maps are years old?), I like of course Color,I do not need to keep
> distance in miles or for the trip, (even that is nice to have) I do not
> even need to know average speed driven on selected route (even that too is
> nice to know), but I need a unit that gives me choice of roads, hopefully
> can be changed while driving on an Interstate when it is very crowded or
> has an accident, and I want to take another road to my destination.
>
> Is that enough information for you?

Just about ;) The 330 or 2610 will do both. The 2610 has a better and
larger display and has more features but it sounds like you don't care about
extra features. Is price an issue?

> I should add, that just a minute ago someone answered me in my personal
> e-mail and preferred the C330 by Garmin, because it was faster than the
> 2610 and more up-to-date.

That person doesn't know what they are talking about.

> So I am "hanging" between these 2 suggestions at this moment.
>
> Thanks for all the input so far. (Do you own the 2610?)

Yes, we own and sell almost all of the Garmin units.
--

Darrel Goheen
GPS@xxxxxxxxx

> "tvnav.com" <GPS@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Absolutely not!!! Going by price is a better indicator than when a
>> product was released. It depends on what your intended use is which unit
>> is best for you. For road navigation in a vehicle the 2610 is a better
>> unit than the 330 without question.
>> --
>>

>> Darrel Goheen
>> GPS@xxxxxxxxx
>> http://www.tvnav.com
>>

>> "ritter197" <ritter197@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Yes, actually that was why I ask.
>>> Is later not generally better and more up-todate?
>>>

>>> "tvnav.com" <GPS@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

  • Re: Ordnance Survey maps on the iPhone/iPad
    ... four times the price ... Since the OS is the main publisher of OS maps, ... The "big one" here is the calculation of production costs. ... If the book-sellers order less paper maps, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Ordnance Survey maps on the iPhone/iPad
    ... four times the price ... Publisher protecting profit margin. ... Since the OS is the main publisher of OS maps, ... You try to drive people to suicide - that's evil. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Ordnance Survey maps on the iPhone/iPad
    ... Dr Geoff Hone wrote: ... four times the price ... Publisher protecting profit margin. ... Since the OS is the main publisher of OS maps, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Does anyone know any decent programs to speed vista up and if vist
    ... The difference between Vista Ultimate and what you presently have is ... Whether it's worth the price (or is ... of *any* value to you) depends on whether those extra features are ...
  • Re: 2005 Accord navigation system? (worth getting?)
    ... >> Maps are fine, but there is nothing like a Navigation system on a 3 or ... >Not just for the price and portability, but if something goes wrong with it, ... a Honda Nav and live with it for a while, ... the Garmin and Tom-Tom units is the size of the screen, ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)