Re: Garmin C330 or Garmin 2610?

"ritter197" <ritter197@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:yySbf.5249$Bx.1840@xxxxxxxxxxx
>I used a nav. unit on a German Mercedes Rental car a few weeks ago. It was
>an after unit but integrated nicely into the Mercedes. I was also black and
>white. It did not do text to voice like announcing street Names, but it was
>perfect for 1600 + kilometres driving in strange territory.
>
> I like to get something here that has good maps (what good is a unit if
> the maps are years old?), I like of course Color,I do not need to keep
> distance in miles or for the trip, (even that is nice to have) I do not
> even need to know average speed driven on selected route (even that too is
> nice to know), but I need a unit that gives me choice of roads, hopefully
> can be changed while driving on an Interstate when it is very crowded or
> has an accident, and I want to take another road to my destination.
>
> Is that enough information for you?

Just about ;) The 330 or 2610 will do both. The 2610 has a better and
larger display and has more features but it sounds like you don't care about
extra features. Is price an issue?

> I should add, that just a minute ago someone answered me in my personal
> e-mail and preferred the C330 by Garmin, because it was faster than the
> 2610 and more up-to-date.

That person doesn't know what they are talking about.

> So I am "hanging" between these 2 suggestions at this moment.
>
> Thanks for all the input so far. (Do you own the 2610?)

Yes, we own and sell almost all of the Garmin units.
--

Darrel Goheen
GPS@xxxxxxxxx

.