Re: Galileo - what for? - how many roads are 30 feet apart?

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:02:17 GMT, "ted" <toomuchspam@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Or you can look here:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&GridE=-0.316205403705709&GridN=51.4888528891671&lon=-0.316205403705709&lat=51.4888528891671

and see the problem of the elevated M4 rising above the ground-level A4

Photo, looking west:

Note the sign for the A4 which continues *under* the M4. The separation between
the roads is approx 30 feet, but vertically! Behind the camera the A4/M4 roads
continue like this for over a mile.

http://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=23&pos=17

  • Re: Some bold predictions?
    ... presentation and Wikipedia for the research aspect of the roads hobby ... where a multi day trip does become a serious option. ... have a photo backlog as long as the Mississippi River, ... Roads have been a lifelong interest for me, dating back to my childhood, and I'm ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: Barefoot Walking - Advice please
    ... Do you really believe that pavements and roads are likely to be ... the hill and onto paved surfaces that I'll put my shoes back on, ... it's when leaving paved surfaces that I'll take them ... learnt to watch where I put my feet. ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: it snew!
    ... That's not the sort of photo I want to take, ... So do I but they rarely happen up here, snow is normally small flakes ... farmers have cleared rural roads, ...
    (uk.local.cumbria)
  • Re: 600 Horsepower Viper Now Out
    ... More amazing is using a 65 hp engine, a 1940 J-3 Cub could carry two people ... to 11,500 feet without the benefit of roads. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.chrysler)
  • Re: OT Rail vs truck was Re: OT - Re: Program templates as Object Classes
    ... Doubles and triples spread the load over more than four. ... A normal semi is 60 feet long. ... length for the vehicle, only for trailers. ... >private roads no faster than 40 mph. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)