From: "Gerald Gardner" <G0HEM@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <GarminGPSpublic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <GPS@xxxxxxxxx>; <ahsmith@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 9:34 PM
Subject: GPS12 - DATE ERROR - Actual working fix - Brutal reset!!

I received the following advice from Garmin UK by phone earlier today - AND
IT WORKED!!

I have not found this published elsewhere so it seems worth circulating
for
others who get problems with their GPS 12 showing the wrong date - you may
recall ours showed the date to be 2048 weeks ahead - June 2044.

Inevitably it is your risk if you try this!!

1 Switch off
2 Press MARK and power on together.
3 When it says "do you wish to delete data" it should default to YES.
4 Switch it to NO,
5 then switch it back to YES,
6 then switch it back to NO,
7 then switch it back to YES
8 finally press ENTER

The device then does a very slow recovery as it acquires data from the
satellites and may even show incorrect dates until fully recovered but at
the end 10 -15 minutes all is/was well!

All the best, sorry if it seems messy,. It's not April 1st and it worked
!!

Thanks again to the unknown voice at Garmin UK

Gerald
G0HEM

.