Re: Any good geodesy books?

In article <46D8C068.5040000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Victor Fraenckel <victorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Tim Stark wrote:
Hello folks,
I am looking for good sources about geodesy books through Amazon.com, etc. Does anyone have recommend books for GPS programming or flight/space simulators?
Thanks!
Tim

Tim,

I am not sure what it is you are looking for nor do I understand the connection between geodesy and GPS programming. However, I would like to recommend an excellent book concerning geodesy. Try to find a copy of "Map Projections - a Working Manual" by John P. Snyder. This is also know as U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1395. I am not sure if it is still in print, but I would check the USGS to see if it is still available.

It is still available and also now available online as a PDF:

http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/usgspubs/pp/pp1395

--

Dominic Sexton

  • Re: Any good geodesy books?
    ... I am looking for good sources about geodesy books through Amazon.com, etc. Does anyone have recommend books for GPS programming or flight/space simulators? ... I am not sure what it is you are looking for nor do I understand the connection between geodesy and GPS programming. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: The reviews you choose
    ... posting here for years, have met in real life, traded books, etc. ... We can recommend books to each other ... If I like the posting style of someone who recommends a book and they ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Books on printing process
    ... Can anyone recommend books on the actual printing process and the associated raw materials - ink and paper, ... I'm looking for descriptions of procedures, I suppose, rather than covering basic ground - although not instruction books for specific machines. ...
    (comp.publish.prepress)
  • Re: Best way to master c++
    ... jake wrote: ... generally recommend books like Koenig & Moo, Josuttis, or Stroustrup, ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)