Re: Any good geodesy books?

In article <46D8C068.5040000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Victor Fraenckel <victorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Tim Stark wrote:
Hello folks,
I am looking for good sources about geodesy books through Amazon.com, etc. Does anyone have recommend books for GPS programming or flight/space simulators?
Thanks!
Tim

Tim,

I am not sure what it is you are looking for nor do I understand the connection between geodesy and GPS programming. However, I would like to recommend an excellent book concerning geodesy. Try to find a copy of "Map Projections - a Working Manual" by John P. Snyder. This is also know as U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1395. I am not sure if it is still in print, but I would check the USGS to see if it is still available.

It is still available and also now available online as a PDF:

http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/usgspubs/pp/pp1395

--

Dominic Sexton
.