GPS trekking software for Symbian Series 60

Hi,

I have found a handful of GPS applications for my Nokia 6600 suitable for trekking and other kinds of outdoor living.

But as I am going on trekking in a few days, I don't have the time to try them all thoroughly. Besides, it seems that their trial conditions are simply to limited to try them out - for example, they shut down after a few minutes, before I even get used to the menus etc.

Of those I have tried, these seem to be the best:

http://www.gpsxc.com/
http://afischer-online.de/sos/AFTrack/
http://www.rock-your-mobile.com/powernavigation_s60.php

What I need is an application that will create and load tracks and routes, allow me to follow a route using previous tracks or waypoints etc. A do-it-yourself map feature (creating maps from graphic files) is something I value very much, although it is not 100% essential.

If someone has experiences with these or other Symbian based applications, I would very much like to hear about it.

Also, if you don't have a symbian based device but another GPS device useful for trekking, I would like to hear which features I should look for. As I have only used my GPS for normal road use, I might miss some important points when trying the programs out.

Thanks in advance!
Martin

  • Re: GPS on ipaq 3900 help
    ... Trekking, which I gather is hiking, could be a ... bit tough on a PPC. ... You certainly don't need to get a GPS for cars, but there are many GPS for ... Im not interested in a "GPS for cars" but id like to use my pocketpc ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: VOR GPS Coordinates
    ... So I put together this .gpx file (GPS eXchange format) which can be imported ... into GPS Applications and downloaded into the GPS. ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)