GPS trekking software for Symbian Series 60
- From: Martin Larsen <martin+spamfree+larsen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:16:57 +0200
I have found a handful of GPS applications for my Nokia 6600 suitable for trekking and other kinds of outdoor living.
But as I am going on trekking in a few days, I don't have the time to try them all thoroughly. Besides, it seems that their trial conditions are simply to limited to try them out - for example, they shut down after a few minutes, before I even get used to the menus etc.
Of those I have tried, these seem to be the best:
What I need is an application that will create and load tracks and routes, allow me to follow a route using previous tracks or waypoints etc. A do-it-yourself map feature (creating maps from graphic files) is something I value very much, although it is not 100% essential.
If someone has experiences with these or other Symbian based applications, I would very much like to hear about it.
Also, if you don't have a symbian based device but another GPS device useful for trekking, I would like to hear which features I should look for. As I have only used my GPS for normal road use, I might miss some important points when trying the programs out.
Thanks in advance!
- Prev by Date: Re: Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
- Next by Date: Re: sites for aerial fotos of western USA?
- Previous by thread: Google Earth Atmosphere View
- Next by thread: Re: ION: Centimeter-Level Accuracy - Is It Coming?