Re: GPS time sync

On 1 Dic, 12:37, Kak <jordi....@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for all the responses, they've been very illustrative (I'm
learning about GPS the hard way... with deadlines ;) )

On Nov 27, 6:36 pm, claudegps <claude...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When the position is valid, also the time is valid.

Is time already valid when there's a 2d fix, or should I wait until
there's a 3d fix?

It 's valid already when you have 2d fix.
The time must be known to the receiver to validate the 2D position.

Given Terje's explanation I'd say the 2d fix will have a worse
precision but it may be good enough for my timestamping needs.

I'm not sure that a 2d fix means worse precision, but it should be
anyway good enough for most of the needs

  • Re: Chaos Functions
    ... because IIRC it depends solely on the precision of your calculations. ... > fix point 0.75 repels more strongly than the fix point 0. ... That is a simplified description of the consequences of finite precision ... really only relevant if you are dealing with infinite precision ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: FPOUT v1.8 update
    ... > point displaying engineering notation using a precision less than ... of resistor values which use a maximum of 2 significant digits ... above fix. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: GPS time sync
    ... precision but it may be good enough for my timestamping needs. ... A 300 m fix corresponds to a microsecond, a 300 km fix would correspond to a millisecond. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: GPS time sync
    ... precision but it may be good enough for my timestamping needs. ... I'm not sure that a 2d fix means worse precision, ... A 300 m fix corresponds to a microsecond, a 300 km fix would correspond ... position for the units to lock on, but somehow this has been solved... ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: Current Tracer - for findinding shorts in a PCB
    ... precision I don't want to cover it in frost... ... I'd want to fix it via any means possible and worry about ... dot com ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)