Re: Colour image deconvolution

Signal processing in color images depends heavily on the type of images
and applications you are working with. Usually, in GIS applications,
image channels are split and processed separately as if you have 3 (or
more) single-channel images. On the other hand, color medical or
natural images may require processing in the "signal power" scope,
which means that they should be treated as one single-channel image. In
the second case, you can use a proper channel mixing model (weighted
average), process the intermediate greyscale image, and then apply the
reverse mixing model to "map" the resulting single-channel image into 3
(or more) channels.

--
Harris

  • Re: "PC World" magazine on TV formats etc.
    ... reduced to a barely-acceptible rate so as to allow more channels to be ... and the HD images are as good as the Beeb's. ... CRT screen - and that's the case both with a TV showing moving images and a ... The HD pictures on my Sony Bravia from both the HD ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)
  • Re: numeric range in dcraw from canon a630?
    ... The values range from 0-255 in all 3 channels. ... I was expecting 12 bit or 14 bit data (whatever my A/D ... Canon's early RAW images were 12 bit. ... were linear data is useful. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: numeric range in dcraw from canon a630?
    ... The values range from 0-255 in all 3 channels. ... I was expecting 12 bit or 14 bit data (whatever my A/D ... The are saved as 16 bit images. ... DCraw might be able to process 16 bit images, but GIMP cannot. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • [problem solved] -> Is it possible to see if a jpeg is RGB or CMYK via PHP GD2?
    ... With JPG images, two extra indexes are returned: channels and bits. ... Is it possible to see if a jpeg is RGB or CMYK via PHP GD2? ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: another planet with continents and oceans?
    ... >> channels on the surface as well. ... > After looking at the radar image some more, I'm not so sure of what I'm seeing. ... I thought the radar images were supposed to be much higher ... see those 25 meter per pixel images. ...
    (sci.geo.geology)