Re: feature tracking (using kalman filter)

may be this would give additional ideas ..
I am working on a similar area .. trying to track features from low
resolution video(specifically moving objects).
I ahve come across an interesting paper that uses use of wavelets along
temporal direction in conjunction with kalman filter for tacking moving
features.

link : http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/Publications/Papers/1000274.pdf

however, I have a query.
how are you initializing, and updating the kalman filter parameters in
your case ?
have an algo/ pseudocode etc..?
would be of immense help to me.

thanx
shekhar

  • Controlling a Monte Carlo Simulation Kalman Filter
    ... a Monte Carlo simulation for Kalman filtering a moving, ... Monte Carlo is used to simulate the process, ... with the Kalman filter afterwards. ...
    (sci.engr.control)
  • Re: Controlling a Monte Carlo Simulation Kalman Filter
    ... a Monte Carlo simulation for Kalman filtering a moving, ... Certainly to do what you say with what you say you have you'll need to rearrange the code to execute the Kalman filter at the same time as the process is running, because the Kalman filter will be part of the process. ... I would have at least a combined process/Kalman simulation and a separate 'test bench' to run them; I would certainly seriously consider a general-purpose Kalman filter that I could use other places just by setting up the gain matrices differently. ...
    (sci.engr.control)