Re: Downloading the NHK lessons

Travers Naran <tnaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> mirror wrote:
> > On 30 Sep 2005 17:14:27 -0700, "John W." <worthj1970@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>My guess is it is illegal to record a radio program and then distribute
> >>that radio program for free (minus the associated advertising, which
> >>the website undoubtedly has).
> >>John W.
> >
> > Ripping the stream for personal use does not constitute
> > redistribution, regardless of the format.
>
> You should really check your local country's regulation. Most countries
> have decided (been co-erced, whatever) to follow the American lead and
> make that illegal too. ...

In Norway it is abolutely legal.

We do not follow US law. We do not like US law. We do not like USA.

US law simply does not apply here, and it never will.

--
Sturle Fladmark
Oslo, Norway

  • Re: Productivity - Norway leads the table.
    ... This is why, measured as value added per hour worked, Norway has the ... highest labour productivity level, ... It's the law and hospitals stick to that law. ... The stories I've heard from European cancer patients paint a ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Jimmy Saville
    ... Hopefully, one day that will be overridden by EU law, because I'd have ... largest prison population and so many miscarriages of justice it ... Norway has a VERY small population, ... Did you watch Paul Merton's series of travelling around China? ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Jimmy Saville
    ... Hopefully, one day that will be overridden by EU law, because I'd have ... largest prison population and so many miscarriages of justice it ... Norway has a VERY small population, ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Jimmy Saville
    ... Hopefully, one day that will be overridden by EU law, because I'd have ... largest prison population and so many miscarriages of justice it ... Not Indian or African. ... Norway has a VERY small population, ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: ISO from Music CD???
    ... In my country (Norway) that is withing "Personal use" defined in the law. ... But the law clearly states that it must be Close Friends. ... and/or encrypted content on digital media is allowed, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)