Re: Etymology of gaijin

Don Kirkman wrote:

> The Greeks, who spoke excellent classical Greek, called anyone who spoke
> it poorly, especially with an accent, "stutterer;' to wit, "barbaros."
> It set the lesser nations apart from those who were Greek.

なるへそ、なるへそ、さーすがドン! 生きエンサイクロピディア!

> For all their culture and sophistication the Hellenes never learned the
> Greek equivalent of "Gurishiya-go ojouzu desu, ne!".

まだそのころには辛らつなジョークとか皮肉とかなかったからじゃないですか?
ヘレネスの時代は人々はもっと単刀直入だったわけね。それじゃおもしろくないか。

  • Re: How to Become a Christian, Version 1.01
    ... >> Jesus spoke Aramaic, and probably good Hebrew as a good Jewish boy. ... >> not the slightest hint that he spoke Greek or Latin. ... > You are aware of course, that the King James translation is far from the ...
    (sci.med)
  • Re: How to Become a Christian, Version 1.01
    ... >> Jesus spoke Aramaic, and probably good Hebrew as a good Jewish boy. ... >> not the slightest hint that he spoke Greek or Latin. ... > You are aware of course, that the King James translation is far from the ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: How mqny languages did the medieval people speak?
    ... >> I was wondering in medieval times before railways, modern education or ... people spoke quite differently from even the next ... > Educated people spoke Greek, and did until the mid nineteenth century, ... I did a little research on Greek spoken in Europe during ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: How to Become a Christian, Version 1.01
    ... >>There is little problem with translating the Greek language, and Jesus, ... > Jesus spoke Aramaic, and probably good Hebrew as a good Jewish boy. ... that the King James translation is far from the ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)