Re: foods named after places

Joachim Pense wrote:
> Herman Rubin:
> >
> > I believe that Hamburg, New York, claims the origin of
> > hamburgers. They precede McDonald's by many decades.
> >
> That's fine. Only the people from Hamburg, Germany don't like calling
> hamburgers like themselves.

They don't call themselves [h&mbV"gV"z].

  • HAMBURG NEW YORK
    ... lhr collection hamburg new york ... erie county fair hamburg new york ... studio apartments in hamburg new york ...
    (rec.arts.theatre.stagecraft)
  • Re: foods named after places
    ... > Yusuf B Gursey wrote: ... >> Herman Rubin wrote: ... >>> I believe that Hamburg, New York, claims the origin of ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: foods named after places
    ... Yusuf B Gursey wrote: ... > Herman Rubin wrote: ... >> I believe that Hamburg, New York, claims the origin of ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Hamburg Amerika Line
    ... Hamburg to New York on 10 June 1881. ... of my relatives (Ephraim Silverman)...> Just a shot in the dark... ... on Jewish Genealogy ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Re: GEN-DE searching for family Henrich from Heuchelheim, Hessen
    ... Hamburg and arrive New York. ... later from this general area who traveled this route. ... more information on my family Henrich from Heuchelheim, ...
    (soc.genealogy.german)