Any examples of middle dot in proper names?

I'm looking for examples of proper names that contain the middle dot character (·, U+00B7). As far as I know, this character is used in the orthography of Catalan but not in other languages (except, of course, in special notations where the middle dot might be used outside normal spelling of words e.g. as a separator or as a multiplication sign). However, I was unable to find examples of proper names, such as place names or people's names, with this character, except in the sense that long names of institutions, works etc. may contain it as a part of a common word, such as "col·legi" or "il·legal".

(Background: In the design of a multilingual European keyboard, it would be desirable to be able to motivate the presence of the middle dot in the keyboard layout by saying that the character may be needed when writing proper names.)

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

  • Re: Any examples of middle dot in proper names?
    ... In the design of a multilingual European keyboard, ... I do not understand why it should be necessary to find *proper* names. ... The middle dot is needed for Catalan - period. ... The letter "ß" is needed for writing German. ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Any examples of middle dot in proper names?
    ... this character is used in the ... unable to find examples of proper names, such as place names or people's ... In the design of a multilingual European keyboard, ... but in Greek it functions as the Roman ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Any examples of middle dot in proper names?
    ... As far as I know, this character is used in the orthography of Catalan but not in other languages (except, of course, in special notations where the middle dot might be used outside normal spelling of words e.g. as a separator or as a multiplication sign). ... In the design of a multilingual European keyboard, it would be desirable to be able to motivate the presence of the middle dot in the keyboard layout by saying that the character may be needed when writing proper names.) ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Microsoft Help Centre message
    ... "This memo provides information for the Internet community. ... Oh heres a question for you then tracker, if the character based URL is the ... "proper" name, why does the DNS translate all character based URLs to IP ... "Without Knowledge you have fear, With fear you create your own nightmares." ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • probs w foreign char sets ...
    ... and need some help understanding the proper coding to have these ... foreign character sets, I'm using ... opera renders plain squares). ... Are there any consistent 'rules' to follow for displaying ...
    (alt.html)