Re: Jackendoff's refutation of PDP or "connectionism."

groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I came across this while browsing an old thread.

Can anyone here give me a quick synopsis of the argument?

His book *Foundations of Language* is a book-length exposition,
suitable for the non-linguist, of the argument. If it could be
synopsized into a journal article (let alone a quick paragraph), he
would have written a journal article.

  • Re: Jackendoffs refutation of PDP or "connectionism."
    ... Can anyone here give me a quick synopsis of the argument? ... His book *Foundations of Language* is a book-length exposition, ... synopsized into a journal article, ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Jackendoffs refutation of PDP or "connectionism."
    ... Can anyone here give me a quick synopsis of the argument? ... His book *Foundations of Language* is a book-length exposition, ... synopsized into a journal article, ... you can't explain it to the barmaid in the Red Lion, ...
    (sci.lang)
  • [ANN] Inline::Lua 0.01
    ... I am very pleased to announce a new submission to the CPAN, ... SYNOPSIS ... to get a taste of this language. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.modules)