Re: Universal grammar

"Hans Aberg" <haberg@xxxxxxxxxx>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
yazdý:haberg-1710061527290001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <eh2kt7$3sg$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Aslan" <aslanski2002@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I am a native Turkish speaker and it's not clear to me what is meant by
this
"future future" tense??

This was two and half decades ago, and my memory of it is rather shaky, so
I do not which language it would apply to. But if the construct exists
(and I am not very good at natural language grammars) it would just be
grammatical construct for the second part of (or so I think) "if he is
doing this tomorrow, I will do that".
It is constructed in a way very similar to English. I can think of the
following (maybe).
If he is doing this tomorrow, I will be to do that.
YarIn bunu yapIyorsa, ben onu yapacak olacaGIm. (two of -acak future tense
suffix)
But it's not preferred.

--
Hans Aberg

  • Re: Universal grammar
    ... This was two and half decades ago, and my memory of it is rather shaky, so ... I do not which language it would apply to. ... (and I am not very good at natural language grammars) ... (two of -acak future tense ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: How come Ada isnt more popular?
    ... I think the absence of manual memory management code actually furthers ... the rest of the language in such a way that GNAT didn't get it right ... fcuntional langauges you can do more against ressource leaks, ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Executable Memory in a Driver
    ... >> criminal to expose users to the added bluescreen and security risk. ... In a language that can't access outside an array, ... that doesn't need to move memory. ... > desired in the compiler. ...
  • Re: How come Ada isnt more popular?
    ... bother with *manual* memory management neither. ... Today manual memory management is a low-level thingy that you don't have to care about, unless you *really* want to. ... The problem is that few programs rely on only memory and in a typical case there are lots of resources that are not memory oriented and they have to be managed, ... When GC is a shiny center of the language, those other kinds of resources suffer from not having appropriate support. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: [opensuse] c question - how to tell how much memory you program/data structure uses?
    ... Is there a way to determine how much memory I'm using besides ... If you are trying to familiarise yourself with c, strings and lists then ... but the Java and Perl ... choosing the right type of language is a useful start.... ...
    (SuSE)