Re: open letter to the Google company, on the value of the scientific groups

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
On Nov 5, 4:41 am, Franz Gnaedinger<f...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Claude Léevi-Strauss (...)
Edward Rothstein's obituary in the New York Times did an excellent job
of summarizing his career.<http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/04/world/
europe/04levistrauss.html?_r=1&hp>

(Do you need the characters after "html"? This is the form in which it
was circulated on an ancient history list.)

No one knows. But in this case, no, you don't. In doubt, transmit the whole link (with no line breaks, if possible).

  • WS4HTM Version 4
    ... it was only processing characters and their "font-style ... subscript -- you will note that they correspond to WordStar ... What I was missing was the ability to "link" to another HTML ... since the first version of WS4HTM. ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: can I know how to write a html parser in C
    ... Are the lines truly limited to 80 characters of text? ... null-terminated character string size of 249 characters. ... Note too that in the general case it is perfectly acceptable in HTML ... much a beginner at C (and possibly a beginner at programming ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Subject text length limit in system.net.mail?
    ... Finally figured what it was - Internet Message Filter for Exchange settings ... decided to change the mail server? ... to pre-generated html pages published somewhere. ... AM> stuff for invalid characters that might cause the process to ...
  • Re: [PHP] generating an html intro text ...
    ... You would have to search out and pull in all closing tags. ... grab 256 characters -- The string. ... html markup should not go towards the string length count, ...
    (php.general)
  • Question about CGI.pm
    ... I have been exploring CGI.pm and am of course interested in the HTML ... Escape HTML formatting characters in a string. ... the standard HTML escaping rules will be used. ... is passed through a function called escapeHTML(): ...
    (perl.beginners)