Re: English vowel length

Ruud Harmsen wrote (18-04-2011 13:38):
Joachim Pense<snob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrocht:
I understood that Ruud challenges the concept of phonemicity, in
particular the idea of isolating one feature and calling it phonemic and
the rest accompanying.

I do. More and more so over the past years.

Do you also object to things people do in medical or space research based on your theoretical dislike of some concepts they may build upon, even though you don't do medical or space research yourself?

  • Re: English vowel length
    ... particular the idea of isolating one feature and calling it phonemic and ... the rest accompanying. ... Do you also object to things people do in medical or space research based on ... I'm an autodidactical expert in lots of fields, ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: English vowel length
    ... particular the idea of isolating one feature and calling it phonemic and ... the rest accompanying. ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: English vowel length
    ... particular the idea of isolating one feature and calling it phonemic and ... the rest accompanying. ... Ruud Harmsen,http://rudhar.com/new ...
    (sci.lang)