Re: Which is 'this' sentence

R. Srinivasan wrote:
On Feb 10, 9:34 pm, David Marcus <DavidMar...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What do your quotes on "particles" and "trajectories" mean?

Non-local nature of particles is what is problematic, according to my
understanding. In the Copenhagen interpretation, the superposition of
trajectories, etc. need not be real. But the non-locality in Bohmian
mechanics corresponds to reality. I could be wrong here.

The motion of a given particle is determined by the wave function, and
the latter is a function of the positions of all particles (including
those far away). However, each particle has a definite position at all
times.

Bell proved that any theory that matches experiment must be non-local.
The Copenhagen interpretation manages to obscure the non-locality by
being vague.

--
David Marcus

  • Re: Universal grammar
    ... I try to point the difference between no change in the general framework ... and discovering say new particles that require new additions that fits ... Non-locality is said to be not just a small-scale ... and it may give raise to a second relativity theory. ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Ausrede fuer Shay in DE-Land gesucht
    ... Es geht hier nicht um eine Rechtfertigung, sondern um ein Gedankenspiel, wie eine so ungewöhnliche Lok in den 1950er Jahren zur "Rungholter Kleinbahn AG" gekommen sein mag. ... Deshalb fragte ich hier nach einer Ausrede. ...
    (de.rec.modelle.bahn)
  • Hidden Domain - Home of the Wave Function
    ... There may be a Hidden Domain that is Home of the Wave Function. ... Particles don't move from place to place because they ... Non-locality is likely a natural function of the Hidden Domain. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Virtual particles finding each other
    ... > I meant probability waves. ... Even in the Copenhagen interpretation, particles are not ...
    (sci.physics)