Re: Continuum Hypothesis is Ill-Defined:Cardinalityisnottotal(defined)for all sets

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 00:43:15 -0600, Nam Nguyen <namducnguyen@xxxxxxx> said:
On 10/1/2010 12:15 PM, Chris Menzel wrote:

And thus a phenomenon that unites all cranks.* They adopt standard
terminology and invest it (unannounced) with their own (typically
entirely confused) meaning and then blame the ignorance/stupidity of
others for the fact that they are misunderstood.

That's too broad an accusation I'm afraid.

Accusation? It's merely an assertion.

History shows that from time to time while there are cranks there are
also those who'd resist or even refuse legitimate change of "meaning".

Point being...?

  • Re: London Midland - Sunday 6th Spetember
    ... Unilateral is one of those words (like decimate) whose meaning seems to ... What it originally means is "involving one party". ... My accusation is precisely that only LM management was involved in the ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Think that China is reading here to.
    ... > UDP or TCP? ... but I misunderstood your meaning. ... > When you look at the hill, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: OT The Muhammed Cartoons
    ... <snip rehash which I already addressed that I might have misunderstood ... who had nothing to do with the cartoon are acting totally uncivilized ... of outrage at the taking and brutal killing if innocent civilians. ... Let me go real slow in case I miss some hidden meaning here... ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • RE: Office 2003 admin update problem
    ... > installation you missed the admin server. ... If I have misunderstood your ... > meaning, ... > Administrative Installation of Office 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Trackers Second Review Response
    ... >> IMHO Language as it is written and spoken is constantly changing and ... As long as you get your meaning across, ... > The above statement can easily be misunderstood in a variety ... This is common with the written word but less common with the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)