In article <jqog8u$dtt$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"LudovicoVan" <julio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Uergil" <Uergil@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Uergil-31F923.14460806062012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article
<c40f5972-0293-41fa-ba4e-d6a6875c9946@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
WM <mueckenh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snipped>

But irrational numbers in fact are not available as sequences of
digits.

0.1234567891011121314151617181920... is an irrational expressed as a
series of digits.

And so is .10100100010000100000...

The sequence of digits does not tell which irrational it is.

Actually, if there are infinitely many of its digits known, or at least
knowable, which there are in this case, that tells us exactly which real
it is.
--
"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less
remote from the- truth who believes nothing than

  • Re: user defined function that converts string to float
    ... > I need user defined function that converts string to float in c. ... initial, possibly empty, sequence of white-space characters (as ... point character, then an optional exponent part as defined in ... then a nonempty sequence of hexadecimal digits ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: determinism, freewill, chaos, and circular causality
    ... classes, including sequence prediction, strategic games, function ... the squares each with its decimal digits ... Do the algorithms for generating Pi all require infinite memory? ... numbers" and the qualifcation is that there is no shorter input string ...
    (comp.ai.philosophy)
  • Re: Randomness
    ... I started with the first however many digits of pi (a number whose ... the first sequence gives a 1 for every digit that is a 0 or 1 ... designating a coin or die as fair in order to establish the normality ... weighting, determine whether this sequence is random" you ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Randomness
    ... I started with the first however many digits of pi (a number whose ... the first sequence gives a 1 for every digit that is a 0 or 1 ... designating a coin or die as fair in order to establish the normality ... weighting, determine whether this sequence is random" you ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: New countable infiniity logic
    ... >infinite number of digits, and therefore 0.333... ... you are confusing the number of digits in the sequence with the ... it is an infinite sequence that *BY YOUR DEFINITION* does not ... A list of naturals is not a list of digits used to express those ...
    (sci.math)