In article <jqog8u$dtt$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"LudovicoVan" <julio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Uergil" <Uergil@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Uergil-31F923.14460806062012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article
<c40f5972-0293-41fa-ba4e-d6a6875c9946@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
WM <mueckenh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snipped>

But irrational numbers in fact are not available as sequences of
digits.

0.1234567891011121314151617181920... is an irrational expressed as a
series of digits.

And so is .10100100010000100000...

The sequence of digits does not tell which irrational it is.

Actually, if there are infinitely many of its digits known, or at least
knowable, which there are in this case, that tells us exactly which real
it is.
--
"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less
remote from the- truth who believes nothing than

  • Re: user defined function that converts string to float
    ... > I need user defined function that converts string to float in c. ... initial, possibly empty, sequence of white-space characters (as ... point character, then an optional exponent part as defined in ... then a nonempty sequence of hexadecimal digits ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: The Muecke Museum
    ... All digits of 3.1415... ... that you cannot find any digit surpassing a rational sum. ... I have found an infinite sequence of rationals. ... After Muecke claimed, for the umteenth time, that in Wmaths ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: The Muecke Museum
    ... All digits of 3.1415... ... Impossible by the fact that you cannot find any digit surpassing a rational sum. ... I have found an infinite sequence of rationals. ... After Muecke claimed, for the umteenth time, that in Wmaths ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Randomness
    ... I started with the first however many digits of pi (a number whose ... the first sequence gives a 1 for every digit that is a 0 or 1 ... designating a coin or die as fair in order to establish the normality ... weighting, determine whether this sequence is random" you ...