Re: How to sell Indium

Pauly wrote:

I was asked to research a possibility to sell 10kg of Indium. It is
99.x% purity, has some kind of certificate. Anyone can point me in the
right direction? Ebay a good option?

What form is it in? Ingots, foil, wire?

Indium is used for specialized solder applications,
for example when one needs solder alloys that
melt at different temperatures, to create soldered
assemblies that themselves can be soldered to
something else without falling apart in the
process.

If this is a foil or wire already in the form
that an end-user would use, it might be worthwhile
to contact companies that do this kind of work.

  • Re: indium solder
    ... how much does indium solder cost? ... Not even indium or bismuth. ... tin/lead at that price made me question their whole pricing scheme. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Indium Tin Solder what is it used for
    ... >I realize this night be OT but I recently got some Indium Tin Solder and was ... It's a lead free replacement for solder. ... One of the major applications of indium is gold soldering. ... semiconductors, hybrids, and ceramic substrate soldering. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: indium solder
    ... how much does indium solder cost? ... Not even indium or bismuth. ... available in small quantities for less than $5-10 an inch? ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: How to sell Indium
    ... I was asked to research a possibility to sell 10kg of Indium. ... Indium is used for specialized solder applications, ... If this is a foil or wire already in the form ...
    (sci.materials)
  • Re: REMOVING ENAMEL COATING
    ... product displays and stocks at NON-ham electronics stores. ... wire has ALWAYS been the same to this day. ... Amateurs who are in the know use solder ... this "Southgate Radio" you keep mentioning doesn't ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.homebrew)