Re: Symbolic computation with the language c :

Robert Dodier a écrit :

(1) Implement a subset of Scheme or Lisp in C.

(2) Write your program in the language implemented in (1).

(3) Simplification of results (e.g. recognizing that x + x = 2 x)
the only difficult part. Leave it for last.

Lisp is a good language for symbolic computation because it was
invented in part to solve problems of just that kind.

Hope this helps, & have fun.

Robert Dodier

Thank for you Help.

I have try to read the faq.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/lisp-faq/

But there are too many things.

Lips Scheme and Common Lisp, ...

I am under windows98.

What is the first step?

If I want to:

(1) Implement a subset of Scheme or Lisp in C.

Thank.

  • Re: Learning Lisp in Linux?
    ... Common Lisp fold from the Scheme failed experiment ... ... The Scheme fools started it and paraded it around as this Great Thing About Scheme, a measure of their obsession with The Wrong Thing when it came to language design. ... what was in the language standard and no more was in, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Lisp Ruby Scheme
    ... The other side is that Lisp and Scheme: allow you to explore new programming styles for which there are no: dedicated languages available yet. ... with styles for which there is no dedicated language yet. ...
    (comp.lang.scheme)
  • Re: Ideas for an SICP?
    ... Scheme, I believe, would seriously benefit from the addition of language ... Schematic, Mul-T, Symmetric Lisp, NetCLOS, EDS Lisp, ... research projects that never had a community of users. ...
    (comp.lang.scheme)
  • Re: Polishing my lisp
    ... but I don't understand is this language or implementation issue ... even millions as they claim in Gambit Scheme. ... Erlang, todays first choice for concurrent programming, ... Agreed but lisp is not anybody, it's the ultimate for me, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Where to find good lisp critiques?
    ... > lisp that doesn't suck. ... I think Mr. Graham likes the single namespace of scheme. ... CL has the problems of a big-ass system language; ... solid standard that makes most original ideas about ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)