YACAS Help

Hi, Is any one familiar with YACAS?

Do you know how to use exponential notation like in Fortran e.g.
0.1=1E-1?

How do I reference a previous result like in Mathematica with "%"?

Thanks, Rudy

  • Re: Verbose functional languages?
    ... Sometimes it is unavoidable to use Fortran. ... I used Mathematica a lot, ... We recently bought a Mac Mini and a SlideArch keyboard. ...
    (comp.lang.functional)
  • Re: A question on Newtons Method
    ... bug reports per day. ... there are arbitrary-precision integers and rationals (Num in OCaml, ... native format in Mathematica, and a major hassle in Fortran). ...
    (sci.math.num-analysis)
  • Re: how to reference module variable without the use of USE, but explicit?
    ... Mathematica for short programs, particularly those that involve ... those languages, I would never consider writing anything substantial ... in either of those languages that I thought fortran was more suited, ... You can't get any shorter than a single statement, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Simple Input File Parsing Question
    ... I am pretty new to programming in Fortran, and I am looking for a good ... reference on doing some input parsing tasks. ... What is a good reference for learning to parse strings in fortran? ... Loop through the header lines (read, goto). ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: how to use %val() ???
    ... > It is an oft repeated falacy that Fortran arguments are always ... whereas C implementations are *required* to ... conform to pass by reference semantics, ... call by reference semantics. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)