Re: Mathematica - what replaces AuthorTools?

carlos@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

All publishers I deal with (Springer, Elsevier, ...) accept only PDF.
Not only online submissions but for uploading reviews, camera ready,
etc.

Even Word is out. One reason: security. Word and PPT can deliver
worms, etc,
wrapped as macros.

Nothing else. Period.

I've come across that - not with publishers, but with another university, who did not want to accept Word files because of the security risk.

  • RE: SQL Slammer doing the rounds again?
    ... "I used to hate writing assignments, ... this - Is there a valid business reason to expose UDP ... > Security Business Unit ... > at the largest, most highly-anticipated industry ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: [SLE] setting multiple user id to 0 (zero) is bad ! Why?
    ... On 6/30/05, Chadley Wilson wrote: ... > again!!), uucp. ... > This reason however has been flawed as we have other sites that work properly ... that it was due to sloppy and lazy security practices. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?
    ... It doesn't seem likely that that was the reason. ... to say that it was about security. ... I did trust the Fedora project. ... and I have the sense not to speculate without the full facts. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Please do not change your password [telecom]
    ... essentially discredits the whole security paradigm. ... Not to mention the whole "forgot your password" secret questions. ... If you post the name of your first pet on Facebook, there is no reason to ... and phishing attacks are still a risk, but so are securities fraud and ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)
  • Re: IE6 vs IE& vs IE8 on SBS
    ... has IE6 or earlier installed, ... security problems with IE6 and earlier, ... have a compelling reason to put IE7 on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)