Announce: FriCAS 1.1.7 has been released
- From: Waldek Hebisch <hebisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 16:02:12 +0000 (UTC)
FriCAS is an advanced computer algebra system. Its capabilities
range from calculus (integration and differentiation) to abstract
algebra. It can plot functions and has integrated help system.
FriCAS 1.1.7 builds on Linux and many Unix like systems (for example
Mac OSX and Solaris 10). FriCAS is build on top of Common Lisp; several
Lisps can compile and run FriCAS -- currently supported are GCL,
SBCL, Clisp, ECL, Closure CL.
Mailing list. Please sign up before posting a message.
Notable changes (compared to version 1.1.6):
- Improved integration in terms of special functions.
- Updated new graphics framework and graph theory package.
- Added routines for numerical evaluation of several special
- Added modular method for computing polynomial gcd over algebraic extensions.
- Derivatives of fresnelC and fresnelS are changed to agree
with established convention.
- When printing floats groups of digits are now separated by
underscores (previously were separated by spaces).
- Added C code for removing directories, this speeds up full
build and should avoid build problems on Mac OSX.
Bug fixes, in particular:
- Series expansion now handle poles of Gamma.
- Fixed derivatives of meijerG.