Inclusion-Exclusion Principle

Could someone explain to me how to use the Inclusion-Exclusion
Principle to solve this problem.

Question: A carousel has eight seats, each seat is distinct. Eight
girls are seated on the carousel facing forward ( each girl looks at
another girl's back). In how many ways can they change seats so that
each has a different girl in front of her? How can the problem change
when the seats are identical?

Thanks a lot for the help.

  • Re: Inclusion-Exclusion Principle
    ... > Principle to solve this problem. ... A carousel has eight seats, ... In how many ways can they change seats so that ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Looks like Nitro, SFoG Goliath and SFNE SROS Are having a Baby in Toronto
    ... arrangement, perhaps they should be riding the carousel instead, and ... leave the big rides to those who know how to take a seat on a roller ... Confusing or not I still think the seating arrangement lends ... itself to more empty seats per dispatch than had the seats been in a ...
    (rec.roller-coaster)
  • Re: Road Trips Vol. 4 No.2
    ... friend's buddies on their tix, NJ deadhead royalty so to speak, great ... seats, nice people, one of the girls was very cute. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Road Trips Vol. 4 No.2
    ... friend's buddies on their tix, NJ deadhead royalty so to speak, great ... seats, nice people, one of the girls was very cute. ... Girls" (Jerry's comment, "I love neighborhood girls!" ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Youll notice......
    ... chasing little girls again, at the mini-bike course.Perhaps someone ... will catch him on video sniffing the seats after the races...... ...
    (rec.boats)