Re: PROOF THAT THERE ARE AN INFINITY OF PRIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Álvaro Begué wrote:
Rouben Rostamian wrote:
In article <pcXIf.45051$d5.201459@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
NILS BÖRJESSON <borje@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

PROOF THAT THERE ARE AN INFINITY OF PRIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL NOW CONSTRUCT TWO NEW PRIMES:

11 2 1:S
11111 5 1:S

Your CAPS-LOCK key works real well but your math doesn't:

11111
[...]
However, I wonder how he proves that this procedure will always
generate numbers that are not divisible by the existing primes in the
list. It was already pointed out that if you start with 2 and 3, this
doesn't work on the first step. What makes it work with 2 and 5?

Well, it doesn't. 11111 is divisible by 41. But how would you show that
it always DOES if you start with two primes p and q?

--- Christopher Heckman

  • Re: PROOF THAT THERE ARE AN INFINITY OF PRIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... PROOF THAT THERE ARE AN INFINITY OF PRIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... I WILL NOW CONSTRUCT TWO NEW PRIMES: ... Your CAPS-LOCK key works real well but your math doesn't: ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Chez Watt: Prime Idiocy
    ... I can now understand why you haven't attempted any math in support of your ... There is a disclaimer that the lists are only ... listing of the first seven primes, then it is hardly irrelevant to point ... to mathematical skill. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Counter-proof to the Tao & Green sequence of primes #1550 Correcting Math
    ... Counter-proof to the Tao & Green sequence of primes #1550 Correcting Math ... So that ending 5 is going to put a limit on how large of a run of primes for a given specific spacing. ... I vaguely remember, if I am remembering correctly, Terry Tao of Princeton posting to sci.math in 1993 when I was pursuing FLT in sci.math. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: JSH: Finally! Theyre caught.
    ...  And now the result that proves my point by how they react to ... where primes come in as well ... Will math society try to continue the Math Wars? ... masquerading at being math people on a level that surprises even me. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Precision definition of Convergency #2135 Correcting Math
    ... actual primes primes missed by x/Ln ... rather than falsely claim that "at infinity the misses go to zero" it is better to be truthful and say that at infinity for Lithe misses are about 2X to 3X prior misses. ... So here again, to be truthful in math, we should not be teaching students that "as we go to infinity" that it magically erases the fact that the missed primes from one level to the next is a steady 9X factor. ...
    (sci.math)