Re: Math conundrum

woodcraftssuch@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
[snip]
> ... But then I get to
thinking, if I had a string around a box 10" square, that would be a
40" string, but if I had a string around a 10 1/2" square box, that
would be a 42" string. Then, if I had a string around a box 100'
square, that would be a 400' string, but if I had a string around a box
100' 1/2" square, that would be a 400' 2" string, the same amount of
extra string for a much bigger box. So to my 9th grade 5 straight
algebra F's, 10th grade dropout mind, that would seem to mean that what
applies to a square might also apply to a sphere.

Excellent; my compliments! You overcame your own prejudice, all by yourself, by going back to basics. That's what mathematics is all about.

--
Cheers,
Herman Jurjus

  • RE: How to make the gridlines of a chart square
    ... In words, when I do first time transformation (to make grid square), I ... > The problem is that I don't get square gridlines. ... > Dim Z1 As Double ... > Function DerivativeZ(func As String, a As Double, V As String) As Double ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: Small square in the cells of CSV files - Text to column
    ... Dim sChr As String, sSTr As String ... >> has a small square at the end. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: image rsesizer
    ... Any one has any methode to resize the image in certain width and the ... //De nieuwe hoogte berekenen aan de gegevens van het oude plaatje en ... setTargetdir(string string) ... Makes the image a square ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Manual hashing
    ... I'm using the string "mokkongshen" as an example. ... frequent characters to single digits and less frequent characters to ... Write this number sequence in the smallest square it fits. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Trim Function
    ... > little square. ... > Dim TotLen As Integer, MyText As String, MyBkmrk As String ... You have to check for the last character after trimming it (Which might not ... Dim MyCell As Cell ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners)