center of gravity of an arc

The shape given below:
From a sector of a cicle an arc is cut out. The angle of the sector is
theta. The radii are r1 and r2.
What is required is to find the center of gravity of the shape (shaded
with *), enclosed by thetha, r1 and (r1+r2).
An derivation along with the formula would be highly appreciated.

- - -
- - - * * *-
- - - * * * * * -
- - - * * * * * * * * -
- - - - * * * * * * * * -
- - - -* * * * * * * * * -
- <---- r1 ---> - <---- r2 ------> -
- - - -* * * * * * * * * -
- - - -* * * * * * * * * * -
- - -* * * * * * * * * * * -
- - -* * * * * * * * -
- - - ******* -
- - - * * -
- - -
Regds,
Raj.

  • Re: circles
    ... But you are still not handling an arbitrary orientation. ... 100 REM Draw 45-degree sector of Radius R at angle A, center XC,YC ...
    (comp.sys.apple2.programmer)
  • Re: Formal definition of angle
    ... > Theta, of course, being the angle we want to define/calculate. ... >> is to start from the area of a sector in a unit circle, ...
    (sci.math)
  • center of gravity of an arc
    ... From a sector of a cicle an arc is cut out. ... The angle of the sector is ... theta. ... The radii are r1 and r2. ...
    (sci.math)
  • center of gravity of an arc
    ... From a sector of a cicle an arc is cut out. ... The angle of the sector is ... theta. ... The radii are r1 and r2. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: The Spider and the Fly
    ... And I didn't try to simplify the resulting equation with ... That is: angle of sector ... ... crossing rim at ~100 deg, to catch fly at 108 deg. ...
    (rec.puzzles)