Point of Intersection - Straight line and Curve

I have real data points in which one of them forms a straight line and
the other is a curve(not a simple curve, but more jagged). When I
graph the two, I notice there is a point of intersection between the
straight line and the curve. This point of intersection is not one of
the "data" points that I have plotted. Is there a way to determine the
point of intersection of the line and the curve? Any help would be
appreciated!

  • Re: Integration to find area between curve and straight line
    ... The first thing I did was sketch the curve and straight line and ... determine all intersection points ...
    (uk.education.maths)
  • Re: how to find the crossing points
    ... If you are looking for the mathematical point of intersection of the straight line and the curve, then you *might* be able to solve the situation symbolically if you have the formula for the curve... ... If you are looking for the mathematical point of intersection of the straight line and the approximation to the curve and you do _not_ have the formula for the curve, then you need to assume an analytical model for how the points of the curve are connected, such as by straight line segments or by cubic splines. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Intersection of bezier and straight line
    ... the intersection points of a bezier and a straight line. ... The source code I posted is the way I find the intersection ... intersection of the curve with an arbitrary line? ...
    (comp.graphics.algorithms)
  • Re: Intersection of bezier and straight line
    ... the intersection points of a bezier and a straight line. ... intersection of the curve with an arbitrary line? ...
    (comp.graphics.algorithms)
  • Re: Point of Intersection - Straight line and Curve
    ... the other is a curve(not a simple curve, ... graph the two, I notice there is a point of intersection between the ... straight line and the curve. ...
    (sci.math)