weight lifting and heart rate

Is it normal for your heart rate to drop a lot after lifting small weights?

I'm on 25mg of atenolol for fast heart rate due to an adrenal problem. Was
told after running on a treadmill stress test that I should exercise while
waiting for my endo appt.

If I walk fast on the treadmill, my heart rate is around 110, then slows
down to about 85 awhile after the treadmill.

But if I lift small weights (15lb) for a few minutes, my heart rate plummets
to 55 for several minutes. Is that strange?

I had an ultrasound of carotid artery, an artery in my stomach, etc. all
negative.

Thanks again.

  • Re: heavyhands vs. Facts and Fallacies of Fitness book?
    ... "Walking without hand weights on a flat treadmill my heart rate was 86 ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: weight lifting and heart rate
    ... I'm on 25mg of atenolol for fast heart rate due to an adrenal problem. ... If I walk fast on the treadmill, my heart rate is around 110, then slows ... I had an ultrasound of carotid artery, an artery in my stomach, etc. all ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Post Smoking Exercise
    ... doing heart rate monitor training. ... also worked out 3 days on weights. ... I gained weight after this quit, ... clothes (elliptical clothes rack, treadmill clothes rack, execisce ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Post Smoking Exercise
    ... doing heart rate monitor training. ... also worked out 3 days on weights. ... into an exercise program. ... clothes (elliptical clothes rack, treadmill clothes rack, execisce ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Short essential workout ?
    ... > I hate doing weights, prefer low weights, high reps and sets, ... Squats and Deadlifts would be number one. ... One workout do Squats ... Cardio for at least 12 minutes (80-85% of max heart rate) ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)