Bumping flouride into SMD section .... fluoride too.

Bump~

Flouride and fluoride .... which is best?

**

02-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Kiki
Member Join Date: Feb 2006

flouride

I read on another forum that there might be something new that is
better than and a substitute for flouride. Anyone know about this?

Kiki
Add Kiki to Your Buddy List

#2 02-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Joel344
Member Join Date: Oct 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki
I read on another forum that there might be something new that is
better than and a substitute for flouride. Anyone know about this?

I haven't heard about it .... what forum?

Joel

Joel344
Send email to Joel344
Add Joel344 to Your Buddy List

#3 02-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Kiki
Member Join Date: Feb 2006

Oooops. I couldn't remember which forum and when I went looking I
couldn't find it. Might have been a casual conversation. Or maybe a
dream since nobody I've asked seems to have heard of it.

Kiki
Add Kiki to Your Buddy List

#4 02-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Joel344
Member Join Date: Oct 2004

I did look up flouride on the internet but the
only replies were about baking and stuff.

#5 02-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Kiki
Member Join Date: Feb 2006

Well, thanks for your effort. Seems strange no one else has heard about
it. I must have something about the description wrong.

Kiki
Add Kiki to Your Buddy List

#6 Today, 03:33 AM
Kiki
Member Join Date: Feb 2006

CaviStat

I was looking for something else and may have stumbled across what I
was referring to. Anyone know anything about CaviState?
http://tinyurl.com/lp4gu
New cavity-fighting agent shows
promise NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - An experimental cavity-fighting
toothpaste may be better at preventing tooth decay and cavities than
traditional fluoride toothpaste, according to a study.

The new agent does not contain any fluoride, which has been the
cornerstone of cavity prevention for decades.

The product, called CaviStat, contains the amino acid arginine as well
as calcium carbonate. The toothpaste may help fight cavities by
promoting a higher pH in the mouth, according to Mitchell Goldberg,
president of Ortek Therapeutics Inc., the company granted the licensing
rights to the product by the Research Foundation of the State University
of New York.

Kiki
Add Kiki to Your Buddy List